Based in Germany
June 4, 2021 (Switch), January 13, 2021 (PC)
|Nintendo Switch, USD||$20.00|
|Nintendo Switch, EUR||€20.00|
Life was peaceful in the Cubold Kingdom until the king's evil court magician got dumped by the princess. With his heart broken and his rage fueled, he called upon the evil spirits to resurrect the dead and the kingdom's long forgotten monstrosities. What he doesn't realize in his fury is that he accidentally summoned an ancient hero as well... Skippy! Travel across the beautifully rendered kingdom of Cubold and take full advantage of your resurrected, skeletal body! Swap out body parts to acquire new abilities during your adventure or pick up a new weapon to vanquish the evil magician's lackeys. Onwards, Skippy, it's time to be a hero once more!
Starting out as a small GameJam entry in 2016, Skellboy later became the first full game of the studio. It was featured in Nintendo's first international Indie World Stream, won the Big Indie Pitch at Gamescom 2019 and was part of the indie MEGABOOTH several times. In preparation for the PC release the team started to work on the definitive edition of the game, later called Skellboy Refractured. Available as a free patch for the Nintendo switch and part of the PC release it does include a lot of additional game-changing content like a local Co-Op mode, more Bosses and a Randomized Dungeon.
- A true action-rpg experience that will test your skill and reward exploration!
- An expansive singleplayer and co-op experience across the interconnected world of Cubold!
- Replay value with a rich new game+ experience!
- The unique ability to swap out body parts to acquire special abilities!
- Several weapon types to clobber any foes you face!
- Special enemies and bosses that will truly test your mettle!
- A beautifully vibrant world alongside some rocking chiptune tracks!
- A Randomized Dungeon!
Skellboy Refractured - Steam Launch Trailer YouTube
Skellboy Refractured - PC Release Date Reveal YouTube
Skellboy - Announcement Trailer - Nintendo Switch YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Official Selection Indie MEGABOOTH" Pax East 2019, Pax South 2019
- "Nintendo Indie World Stream" August, 2019
- "Winner of the Big Indie Pitch at Gamescom" August, 2019
- "Best Indie Game at Pax West Nomination by Marooner's Rock" September, 2019
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Available at https:.
Available at https:.
Discuss the game here https:.
Publisher (Nintendo Switch only)
Website here at http:.
UmaikiGames is a small Game Studio from Germany founded in 2019 but with a prior history of participating in GameJams and passionate hobby projects. Currently working on the PC release of Skellboy, which is already available on the Nintendo Switch.
More information on UmaikiGames, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Skellboy Refractured Credits
Lead, development, Level Design
Art, World Design
Fabian Rastorfer (Switch Publisher)
Additional Level Design
Ben Miller (Switch Publisher)
Edgar Castro (Switch Publisher)
presskit() by Rami Ismail (Vlambeer) - also thanks to these fine folks